New to climbing? Wanna try? Here are some options to get you started:
Bouldering is climbing to a maximum of 13 feet without being attached to a rope, after which the climber jumps or falls onto mats on the floor. It is harder than climbing the roped routes and is very popular with our adult members. No experience is required to do this and you won’t have to make a booking. Look at the diagram below to see how bouldering works! Wikipedia also has a great explanation of bouldering.
*See Waivers, Bouldering: $15, Rock Shoes (recommended): $5
2) Introductory Belay Course:
This is the first step to becoming a seasoned top rope climber! This two hour course teaches participants how to use climbing equipment, proper belaying technique, safety skills and communication. Two people are required to book a course, but singles may sign up in available spaces. A two week membership is included right after your course! A $50 deposit or credit card number is required at time of booking. Please see course dates below and call to sign up.
- *See Waivers.
- Ages 14+
- Two week membership starts the day after your course
Next Courses Running:
- Saturday January 6, 13, 20, and 27, 5:00 – 7:00 pm (max 4)
- Saturday January 6, 13, 20, and 27, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm (max 6)
- Thursday January 4, 11, 18, and 25 , 7:00 – 9:00 (max 4)
3) Group Climbing Session: This is for groups of 3 or more people that would like to climb our roped walls, but have never taken our introductory course. We provide the instructor to handle the ropes and a harness is included for this 2 hour climbing session. Please call at least two days in advance to book. A credit card number or deposit is required at time of booking.
3-10 people: $21.50/person
11-20 people: $19/person
21+ people: $18/person