PROJECT BOULDER LEAGUE
Climbers, we’re putting out the bat signal for Project Boulder League! Get your old team back together, or create a whole new roster! There are lots of reasons to compete in this years’ Boulder League, whether it’s to make new connections, to challenge each other in your climbing goals, or to get your team name on the trophy! Last year’s trophy went to “No Punt Intended”, will they defend their title or will a new team take it?
Finals Schedule and Information:
Finals will be scramble format. This year ALL TEAMS are invited! This is because your final score will be a combination of your weekly total, plus your score in finals (problems are worth DOUBLE in finals). There will also be “team problems” for bonus points. Rules for team problems will be discussed before the round starts. Each person’s final score will be the total of their five hardest boulder problems. At the end of the round each team will add up the scores of all team members and divide by total number of team members (present or not), plus any bonus points from the team problems.
- Finals are Tuesday Dec 12
- 6:00 Doors open for warm up
- 6:30 Climbing begins9:00 Climbing ends
- 9:30 Winner announced
- Spectators: Partners and bff’s are welcome to watch and support their favourite climbers, but otherwise we would like to keep crowding to a minimum!
Can’t wait to see everyone!
- Next Round Starts Tuesday November 7, 2023
- Length: 4 weeks of in house competition from Tuesday Nov 7 to Monday Dec 4
- League Finals at Project Cloverdale: Tuesday December 12 @ 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Cost: $20 per person league fee (does not include gym membership or day pass)
- Teams: 4 – 5 people, must be gender diverse
- Please do not pressure anyone to join your team that doesn’t want to
- Individuals who want to be placed on a team can register and will either be placed on a team which is short on members or a new team will be created from individual registrants
- Team registration and payment is at the front desk of Project Cloverdale
- Teams must climb together once per week.
- Each team is allowed one “buy” where one person may be away that week, without affecting your team score (must be legitimate reason!). All other weeks your team score will be divided by the total number of people on your team, whether they are present or not.
- Teams will be given a scorecard for that week’s results. Top 5 problems for each person count towards that week’s score, which is divided by the number of team members.
- Each person can only count a problem once towards their score, but multiple team members can count the same problem.
- Problems are given their equivalent points to their V-grade, eg. V2 = 2 points.
- Only problems marked with a “PBL” tag are eligible for scoring.
- Each week new boulders will be added to the pool of eligible climbs!
- Points are awarded for completed problems only. Problems are completed when the climber holds the top with two hands or tops out the problem. Team members will judge each other as to a valid ascent.
Point Values for V0/V0+: A V0 will be worth half a point, a V0+ will be worth .75
Weekly Team Score: The top five hardest boulders completed by each team member, divided by the number of team members on your team.
Team Ranking: Will be calculated as a running total of your team’s weekly score.
League Standings: Will be updated weekly on the scoreboard at the gym.