Pacific Boulder League
Finals Schedule and Information:
Finals will be scramble format. Each climber will have 2 hours and 15 minutes to try to climb their five hardest boulder problems. There will also be three “team problems” for bonus points. Rules for team problems will be discussed before the round starts. Each person’s final score will be the total of their five hardest boulder problems. At the end of the round each team will add up the scores of all team members, plus any bonus points from the team problems.
- Finals are Friday November 18
- Top four teams competing from Project, top two teams from each Hive location.
- 6:30 Doors open for warm up
- 7:00 Climbing begins
- 9:15 Climbing ends
- 9:45 Winner announced + draw prizes
- Spectators: Partners and bff’s are welcome to watch and support their favourite climbers, but otherwise we would like to keep crowding to a minimum!
Can’t wait to see everyone!
Climbers, it’s time to put your game face on again. After a two year hiatus we’re excited to partner again with The Hive to bring you the Pacific Boulder League! The trophy has been quietly sitting at Project Cloverdale… will it go to a new home? Or can Project manage to keep it on display? We will find out when the top teams from each gym battle it out on November 18th!
- Next Round Starts Tuesday October 18, 2022
- Length: 4 weeks of in house competition from Oct 18 to Nov 14
- League Finals Competition for top two teams from each gym: Friday Nov 18
- League finals will be held at Project Cloverdale
- Cost: $20 per person league fee (does not include gym membership or day pass)
- Teams: 4 – 5 people, must be gender diverse
- This is a fun league! Please don’t pressure anyone to join your team who doesn’t want to. Please also don’t take advantage of your “buy” and drop your lowest scoring team mate to gain a point advantage. We feel this is not in the spirit of this league and want to encourage inclusion and fun! You should only use your “buy” if someone legitimately can’t make it one week.
- Individuals who want to be placed on a team can register and will either be placed on a team which is short on members or a new team will be created from individual registrants
- Team registration and payment is at the front desk of your participating gym
- Teams must climb together once per week. You will receive a score card on that day which must be handed back once everyone has logged their climbs. You cannot tear up your scorecard and try again another day.
- FUN FACT! You can climb on your own as much as you want before your team climb! Practice makes perfect!
- Each team is allowed one “buy” where one person may be away that week, without affecting your team score. All other weeks your team score will be divided by the total number of people on your team, whether they are present or not.
- Top 5 problems for each person count towards that week’s score, which is divided by the number of team members.
- Each person can only count a problem once towards their score, but multiple team members can count the same problem.
- Problems are given their equivalent points to their V-grade, eg. V2 = 2 points.
- Only problems marked with a “PBL” tag are eligible for scoring.
- Each week new boulders will be added to the pool of eligible climbs!
- Points are awarded for completed problems only. Problems are completed when the climber holds the top with two hands or tops out the problem. Team members will judge each other as to a valid ascent.
Weekly Team Score: The top five hardest boulders completed by each team member, divided by the number of team members on your team.
Team Ranking: Will be calculated as a running total of your team’s weekly score.
League Standings: Will be updated weekly on the scoreboard at the gym.